Buy a fifi & Get Free Discreet Shipping

Masturbation myths debunked

5-Masturbation-Myths

We heard a joke once that 90 percent of men masturbate and the other 10 percent are liars. If statistics are true then around 84 percent of men masturbate at least once a month and most of them do it several times a week. You have to wonder why there are so many masturbation myths, if it’s something that almost everyone does.

Masturbation is a taboo subject in most social circles. It’s rare for people to feel comfortable even talking about it with their romantic partner, let alone their doctor or even their friends… certainly not their family, because that’s just weird. But maybe it’s a little dysfunctional to avoid talking about something practically all of us do, that doesn’t hurt anyone and can actually help us all feel better about the world. Keeping quiet only helps the myths spread and creates unnecessary angst.

We’ve debunked eight of the most enduring masturbation myths for you below.

Myth: Masturbating will make you go blind, grow hair on your palms, etc.

If this myth were true, there would be far more blind people than there are, and there would surely be a company out there making a razor specifically for palms. This myth persists because of religious figures and fearful parents trying to discourage what they wrongly view as a sin at worst or an unhealthy habit at best. As most mental health and medical professionals will tell you, masturbation is a perfectly normal and healthy activity.

Myth: Masturbation can lead to infertility.

Masturbation doesn’t cause infertility or lower your sperm count. On the contrary, it can improve the quality of sperm by flushing out the older swimmers that may have DNA damage. Just make sure you keep those toys sterile, because sexually transmitted diseases can cause fertility issues. But if you have a low sperm count already and you want to conceive, you probably don’t want to spill your seed.

Myth: Masturbation can cause erectile dysfunction.

On the contrary, masturbating regularly can help prevent erectile dysfunction and incontinence by working the muscles of the pelvic floor and building endurance. Masturbation also helps to increase blood flow to the genitals and improve sexual performance.

Myth: Masturbation can ruin your sex drive.

It turns out masturbating is a great way to connect with your sexuality and learn what feels good to make sex with your partner more enjoyable. It also helps to keep sex on the brain, which can enhance your performance and make the anticipation of sex more exciting.

Myth: People who are in relationships don’t masturbate.

False! In fact, research shows that people who have regular sex are more likely to masturbate than those without a partner. Masturbating when you have a partner doesn’t mean there’s a problem in the relationship. On the contrary, it actually helps enhance both the physical and emotional aspects of sex with your partner.

Myth: Masturbation is a health risk.

Some folks fear that rubbing one out is unhealthy, but in reality, masturbation relieves stress, can help prevent prostate cancer, improves your mood, helps prevent erectile dysfunction, and increases your immunity. The only dangers involve minor skin irritation and the occasional infection from using unclean sex toys. Thankfully, your Fifi comes with disposable sleeves that you discard like a condom, leaving it clean and ready for the next time.

Myth: You can masturbate too much.

Wrong again! Some people masturbate every day or more than once a day, and that’s perfectly healthy. As long as it doesn’t interfere with your daily functioning or cause problems with carrying out your responsibilities at work, home, or school, you can go to town as much as you please without concern.

Myth: You should stop masturbating at a certain age.

You don’t grow out of masturbating, and you shouldn’t. Research shows that all age groups masturbate, from kids too young to understand sex to senior citizens.

The bottom line is that no matter what you’ve heard, masturbation is considered by medical and mental health professionals to be a normal aspect of healthy sexuality. You should do it as often as you like, free of guilt, shame, and worry, and whether that boils down to once a week, every day, or even several times a day, you can rest assured you’re not hurting yourself, damaging your relationship or compromising your sex drive or performance in the sack.

Back