Buy a fifi & Get Free Discreet Shipping

8 Masturbation Myths – Busted!

5-Masturbation-Myths

It’s been said that 90 percent of men masturbate, and the other 10 percent are lying. The truth is, around 84 percent of men masturbate at least once a month, and most of them do so several times a week.

So how can something that the vast majority of people do have so many myths attached to it? It all boils down to the fact that in most circles, masturbation is a taboo subject, and very few people are willing to openly discuss their self-pleasuring habits with even their most intimate partner, therapist, or physician. As a result, scores of myths perpetuate and cause unnecessary angst.

Here, then, are eight of the most enduring masturbation myths, debunked.

Myth: Masturbating will cause you to go blind, grow hair on your palms, etc.

If this myth were true, there would be far more blind people than there are, and we’d be shaking a lot of hands with hairy palms. Happily, the myth isn’t true, but rather a product of religious cautionary tales and fearful parents spreading these myths to discourage what they wrongly view as a sin at worst or an unhealthy habit at best. But the fact is, according to most mental health and medical professionals, masturbation is a perfectly normal and healthy activity.

Myth: Masturbation can lead to infertility.

Masturbation doesn’t cause infertility or affect your sperm count. In fact, it actually improves the quality of sperm by ejecting those old swimmers that may have DNA damage. However, if you share sex toys with a partner, make sure they’re clean to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases that can cause fertility issues.

Additionally, if you have a low sperm count to begin with and are trying to conceive, it’s probably a good idea to save the boys for the real deal. Otherwise, you can go to town as often as you like without worry.

Myth: Masturbation can cause erectile dysfunction.

Pulling the pickle will not cause you difficulties in getting erections in the future. As a matter of fact, regular masturbation can help prevent erectile dysfunction and incontinence by working the muscles of the pelvic floor and building endurance. Masturbation also helps to increase blood flow to the genitals and improve sexual performance.

Myth: Masturbation can ruin your sex drive.

Quite the contrary. Masturbating is a great way to connect with your sexuality and learn what feels good to make sex with your partner more enjoyable. It also helps to keep sex on the brain, which can enhance your performance and make the anticipation of sex more exciting.

Myth: People who are in relationships don’t masturbate.

False! In fact, research shows that people who have regular sex are more likely to masturbate than those without a partner. Masturbating when you have a partner doesn’t mean there’s a problem in the relationship. On the contrary, it actually helps enhance both the physical and emotional aspects of sex with your partner.

Myth: Masturbation is a health risk.

Some folks fear that rubbing one out is unhealthy, but in reality, masturbation relieves stress, can help prevent prostate cancer, improves your mood, helps prevent erectile dysfunction, and increases your immunity. The only dangers involve minor skin irritation and the occasional infection from using unclean sex toys. Thankfully, your Fifi comes with disposable sleeves that you discard like a condom, leaving it clean and ready for the next time.

Myth: You can masturbate too much.

Wrong again! Some people masturbate every day or more than once a day, and that’s perfectly healthy. As long as it doesn’t interfere with your daily functioning or cause problems with carrying out your responsibilities at work, home, or school, you can go to town as much as you please without concern.

Myth: You should stop masturbating at a certain age.

You don’t grow out of masturbating, and you shouldn’t. Research shows that all age groups masturbate, from kids too young to understand sex to senior citizens.

The bottom line is that no matter what you’ve heard, masturbation is considered by medical and mental health professionals to be a normal aspect of healthy sexuality. You should do it as often as you like, free of guilt, shame, and worry, and whether that boils down to once a week, every day, or even several times a day, you can rest assured you’re not hurting yourself, damaging your relationship or compromising your sex drive or performance in the sack.

Back